Saturday, August 2, 2008

More mudding


I don't think that the ratio of mess and dust equals the amount of work completed. The dust gets everywhere. Many people warned me, but I don't think you can fully understand until you experience it. Pretty much from the driveway, up the stairs, on the deck, and the whole upstairs is covered in dust. We've tried to seal off the downstairs with some plastic and paper, which helps.
The "zip-strip" detail that we did forced us to do the floor first, before the drywall. That meant we needed to cover the floors for some protection. I opted to go with a building rosin paper. First it's cheaper than going with plastic. Second, it's easier to put down. Third, it's not slippery to walk on. On the downside, it tears and absorbs some water. Don't expect your drywallers to go the extra mile and repair the tears if you put the paper down, which I did. I assume that if you were paying them to do that prep work they would fix it, but I don't know. I didn't have the time each night or morning to repair it all, plus it was hard to get anything to stick with all the dust. Just know that there will be some serious clean-up if you ever do something like this.



0 comments: